1. Bonanno's Palm Beach sandals
Now I won't go into the whole history of how Bonanno's are the real Jackie O sandals, about how Jack Rogers is a shameless imitator, nor the fact that Stephen Bonanno is the rightful son and heir to the Bonanno empire, yet divorcing Monica Bonanno left the leather dyes, stamps and even the Palm Beach factory in her hands (how the *** did her divorce lawyer manage that?). No I won't go into that. What I will do is a quick heads up for anyone who is still buying JR's or contemplating them instead of Bonanno's:
- Bonanno's use ONLY leather throughout, JR's use part man-made materials
- Bonanno's use rich dyes to color their leather, JR's "paint" the leather, so the color flakes off eventually
- Bonanno's are all handmade in their (new) Stuart, FL location, JR's are made...where exactly?
- Bonanno's are the only sandals Lady Lilly Pulitzer wears, as did Jackie O. JR's are NOT.
- Bonanno's will completely resole your sandals for you, JR's will not
- Bonanno's leather softens and molds to your foot with age, JR's will crackle, crumble and eventually tear
|Stephen Bonanno Palm Beach sandals in gold/gold|
2. Belgian Shoes
3. Ferragamo Varina
|Drool. Ferragamo Varina's. Essential - no?|
4. Tory Burch Reva ballerinas
|Tory Burch Reva's in black calf with gold|
|Tory Burch Reva in tumbled leather|
5. Tod's Gommini mocassin
6. Gucci Horsebit/logo ballet flats & heels
|Gucci Mayfair ballet flats|
So there you have it! My shoe lust list that will bankrupt me for years to come ;-) Fortunately my taste and style preferences are enduring, so I shouldn't feel guilty for buying multiple pairs of $500 loafers, right? Ha!
Have a good week, guys!